Quality Renovations Abound
7798 North Pennsylvania Street
Meridian Hills | $1,825,000
Imagine a home where the renovations are likely the most structurally sound in the area, the quality is far beyond what you just see on the surface and the details were not overlooked…and it sits in one of the most sought-after neighborhoods in Indianapolis listed for sale.
Inspections resulted in deconstruction of basement (drywall and ceiling) and master suite (ceiling and partial drywall) to further inspect and correct numerous structural, electrical and plumbing items including but not limited to beam supports, floor systems (joists and cantilevers), plumbing (replacement of significant amount of old pvc piping with new pex) and addition of proper ventilation in basement for combustion air. Specifically, basement and master suite were deconstructed.
Structural support was added above master suite, structural support was added throughout the basement ceiling, and 7 existing/warped wooden support beams in basement were removed and replaced with 7 new 4” steel adjustable basement support posts following complete exposure and prep. During reveal, all electrical and plumbing inspected by City and corrections were made to meet or exceed code. Cosmetic covering built with drywall frames was added around 5 columns. All areas reconstructed and refinished.
Entire three level deck was deconstructed, and new support posts, beams, joists, etc., were installed as well as the regrading of landscaping underneath deck to draw water from house. The existing wooden railing was replaced with Azek Reserve railing/balusters/post sleeves, steps were reconstructed and a steel gate across steps down to basement was added. Backyard was re-sodded and re-landscaped following deck removal and replacement. Installed Iron Fencing (Glidden Fence) to enclose backyard.
Extensive insulation additions throughout attics (full and knee-wall), walls (both levels) and ceilings including but not limited to removing existing insulation, foam spraying, installing higher R-value fiberglass batting, blowing energy control cellulose, tented waterlines in attic spaces, cut out floored areas to blow cellulose to stop air infiltration beneath floors, sprayed urethane foam over existing fiberglass batting to seal walls, wrapped recess lights and fireplace fluepipe, drilled and dry-blew exterior wall SW corner.
Bone Dry Roofing thoroughly inspected roof and performed preventative maintenance – cleaned (moss), cut trim boards and added flashing, re-nailed ridge vents, sealed nail pops, reworked few shingles, etc.
Additionally, many systems were added or upgraded:
• Redesigned/added to gutters, trenched, extended downspouts and buried, regraded slope of yard, especially under deck, re-sealed behind deck, added boulders to push water from house.
• Added complete alarm system (Digitech Custom Audio & Video) including new controller, backup battery, wireless transmitter, transformer, siren speakers and driver, keypads, door transmitters, smoke detectors, and wireless glass break detectors
• Added (Digitech) Control4 Multi Room/Multi Zone Audio Visual System with home theatre (surround audio/video), exercise room (audio & video), lower level bar (audio), Hearth Room (audio/visual), Kitchen (audio), Library (audio), Living Room (audio), Master bedroom (audio), Master bedroom (audio/video), deck (audio). WiFi Router and access points.
• Installed new sewage pump/lift station
• Added PremierOne Epoxy Floor to garage
• Added new garage high lift opener allowing for lift and 4th car
• Added gas garage heater
• Installed new 75-gallon Powervent water heater with new venting for water heater and furnace
• Installed new hot water recirculating pump
• Installed Kinetico Water Softener
• Installed whole-house carbon water filter
• Installed humidifier
• Installed Wet Switch Flood Detector with electronic overflow control
• Upgraded HVAC systems, both upstairs and down, with Pure Air system and Germicidal UV lights; replaced blower motor, brought electrical to code
• Added additional built-ins to master bedroom and added built-in to bedroom above master
• Added Hunter Douglas motorized shades in master bath and guest bed/bath #1, nonmotorized blinds guest bath #2
• Added handicapped grab bars to guest bath
• Added wooden rollout shelves to kitchen (right and left of stove, right island cabinet)
• Replaced wine cooling unit in kitchen
• Added backyard water spigot
• Added new backyard hardscape area, seat-wall and grill patio
• Added additional landscape bed across from grill patio